Quick Look at USD #440
- 3A district with approximately 750 students
- District goal to keep class sizes small
- Strong vocational opportunities for students (CTE: 14 Pathways)
- District goal to focus on teacher/student technology
- Historically recognized as high achieving schools
- Board of Education sponsored teacher recognition program for outstanding educators and staff
USD #440 is comprised of two small towns, Halstead and Bentley. Bentley is home to Bentley Primary School, servicing grades Kindergarten through 3rd grade. Halstead is home to Halstead Middle School, grades 4th through 8th, and Halstead High School, grades 9th through 12th.
Halstead is a city of approximately 2000 people located in south central Kansas. Wichita is located about 25 minutes away. Halstead has a golf course, swimming pool, downtown businesses, and beautiful parks. The town of Bentley located 8 miles south of Halstead in Sedgwick County. It is a small, rural community with about 400 residents. The commute to Wichita is about 15 minutes
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Halstead & Bentley School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by law in its programs and activities. If you believe you have been subject to discrimination or harassment, or if you have any inquiries regarding the District's non-discrimination policies, please contact our coordinator at the district office at 521 West 6th Street, Halstead, KS 67056 or Email us.